- MANAGING EDITOR
- Recruit, interview, train and educate writers.
- Manage editorial staff; make assignments.
- Edit all editorial content; proofread final pages.
- Create and implement editorial policies and procedures.
- Work within a budget; track editorial invoices.
- Initiate new columns; create attractive editorial opportunities for advertisers.
- Write cover titles; create table of contents.
- Obtain photos and captions.
- Compose annual editorial calendar.
- Field PR e-mails and calls.
- COPY EDITING/PROOFREADING
- Edit documents for spelling, grammar, style, wordiness, clarity and consistency.
- Familiar with AP style, Chicago Manual of Style and AMA style. I will adapt to your preference as well as your business's style guidelines.
- Ensure articles flow well and that content is accurate and appropriate.
- EDITORIAL CONSULTING
- Redesign the appearance of publications.
- Improve editorial content to meet goals of advertisers and readers.
- Provide advice to increase revenue.
- Work closely with staff to implement changes and achieve goals.
- Very experienced in conducting phone and e-mail interviews.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Internet research.
- Expect clean copy and exceeded deadlines.
- PAGE DESIGN
- Design eye-catching pages by incorporating text, photos and graphic elements.
- Enhance pages with color, pullout quotes and "at a glance" boxes.
- Familiar with QuarkXPress and Adobe InDesign. Willing to learn new programs.
- NEWSLETTERS FROM START TO FINISH
- Writing, editing and page design.